Monday, February 12

Iraq Makes Us Skeptical

When some of the "evidence" for the war in Iraq turned out to be questionable at best, some people said it could have lasting consequences. And as this Administration escalates the war of words with Iran, many feel like we have been here before.

(BBC) Democratic Senator Chris Dodd said the Bush administration had tried to falsify evidence before.

"I'm looking at this report with a degree of skepticism," he said.

"I don't doubt that Iran has been involved to some degree and clearly that's a problem that needs to be addressed, but I'm getting uneasy that they're trying to create a premise, set a premise, for some future, broader military action in Iran.
Maybe this Administration is telling the truth about Iran, and maybe Iran is funding opposition in Iraq. But as the saying goes, fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me. Or as Bush would say, "..we can't be fooled again"