Monday, October 30

New Bird Flu Strain

I am back from Vegas, and I believe I have helped finance some of the new construction. I was originally going to wait til tomorrow to start back up, but I saw this.

(ABC)Scientists have discovered a new strain of bird flu that appears to sidestep current vaccines. It's infecting people as well as poultry in Asia, and some researchers fear its evolution may have been steered by the vaccination programs designed to protect poultry from earlier types of the H5N1 flu.
This on the heels of news that bird flu is on the rise. The fact that a new strain of the bird flu showing is somewhat dishearteningly. I keep waiting for governments and organizations of the West to wake up. They have shown before their lack of urgency with bird flu.

There are some companies out there working on vaccines and spending millions to fight this. Not just three weeks ago I talked about a new vaccine breakthrough, which now appears to be obsolete.

I can't believe that our government doesn't see the bird flu as a threat to the homeland, so why are they not doing more? And why does the media not care?