Monday, October 2

And Now There Is Fire

Or as John from Ablog says, the other shoe has dropped in the Foley scandal. It appears that late night chats were not all Foley was looking for.

(ABC)In addition to explicit sexual language, former Congressman Mark Foley's Internet messages also include repeated efforts to get the underage recipient to rendezvous with him at night.

Maf54: I miss you lots since san diego.
Teen: ya I cant wait til dc
Maf54: :)
Teen: did you pick a night for dinner
Maf54: not yet…but likely Friday
Teen: ok…ill plan for Friday then
Maf54: that will be fun

The messages also show the teen is, at times, uncomfortable with Foley's aggressive approach.

Maf54: I want to see you
Teen: Like I said not til feb…then we will go to dinner
Maf54: and then what happens
Teen: we eat…we drink…who knows…hang out…late into the night
Maf54: and
Teen: I dunno
Maf54: dunno what
Teen: hmmm I have the feeling that you are fishing here…im not sure what I would be comfortable with…well see
At first I thought this would be just some perverted old man that hit on boys, which is bad enough itself, and that it would play it's 15 min course and leave. But the more and more information coming out about who knew what, when and how they reacted, is turning this into a major sex scandal. Not like a blow job scandal, which we saw how big(no pun intended) that was, imagine where this will go. Assuming it doesn't get classified!

UPDATE: There are too many updates for me to put up. If you want the most complete, current and breaking info on this go to AMERICAblog. They seem to be leading the way on getting or gathering info.