Wednesday, March 4

Chrome and Safari 4 Browsers

It seems like forever since I posted anything. And quite honestly, I just haven't had a lot to say. But the bigger reason is Facebook and Mob Wars. Damn that is addictive. But I did want to mention two things.


Last week, Apple released the beta of their new Safari 4. And as far as I can tell so far, they have done a nice job. The overall appearance has been upgraded including tabs on top like Chrome and Opera. For PC's, it fits in with the Windows theme and environment better. Safari now gives you your favorite sites using Apple's Cover Flow. Not unlike what Opera and Chrome already offer, but it looks nicer. And speaking of Chrome, I came across something called Crossover Chromium.

Crossover Chromium is Google's Chrome that has been ported to work on OS X. It has been done by Codeweavers. The site stresses that this is just an example of what Chrome might look like on a Mac, and not to be used as your primary browser, but I haven't had too many problems with it, but I haven't used it too much yet.