Wednesday, January 9

Time For Edwards And Richardson To Shit Or Get Off The Pot!

Well, it's a race again. But I think the non-media followers knew it wasn't over. Even if Sen. Clinton lost last night, she wasn't going anywhere until "Tsunami" Tuesday.

Part of me wanted her to be blown out last night so the heat would be on, but the other part of me wanted it to be close so I could go into the booth on "Tsunami" Tuesday and vote for Sen. Obama and feel like I was part of this movement of change. However, it is time for a few candidates to thank their campaign and staffers and bow out gracefully.

If Sen. Edwards finishes third in South Carolina, which is his home state, then he needs to step aside and get behind Sen. Obama. I know Sen. Edwards has a lot of great things to say, but his time, unfortunately, has come and gone. If he continues his campaign to "Tsunami" Tuesday or to the convention, Sen. Clinton stands a much better chance at getting the nomination. And with that, Sen. Edwards' and Sen. Obama's message will be defeated by the establishment.

Unlike Sen. Edwards, I believe Gov. Richardson should end his campaign before South Carolina. Those who know me, know I am a big fan of Gov. Richardson. If you look back through the blog, I said long ago that the most experienced candidate, on both sides of the aisle, was the Governor. But since he started his run for VP, he adds little to the race for President other than some levity in the debates.

And for the record, Sen. Clinton can't be the comeback kid. Except for a few days after Iowa, she has been the front runner for a year and a half. That is not a comeback. That is a campaign that is spinning like a top. But that's a Clinton, so what else would you expect?